Closed: by 1871
opened by 1851
grid reference TM 344 415 (approximate location)
The building in our photo is shown as a post office on this old OS map of 1880 (interactive map), fitting in with the report that the pub became a shop after closure.
Barrack Row is probably on The Street towards the south of the parish.
The building in our photograph has been confirmed as having been the Victoria by the (2022) owner, who tells us that it subsequently became a shop.
The house is named "Sayers" (possibly a reference to the pub's landlord in the 1850s, James Sayer) and looks pub-like.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.