CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 25/01/2020
Oulton Foundry Mens Armshistorical closure era: ancient
All that we know about these premises is a single newspaper report:
To be sold by auction, Lot 1, A freehold licensed Beer House, situated at Oulton, called, The Foundry Men's Arms, with a stable yard, well, ten pin ground, and other conveniences, in the occupation of Robert Draper, as under tenant to Messrs. G and W Everitt. Annual rent 20s. Also, a building built for and lately used as a converting furnace, and very eligible for a stable. These premises being next the road leading from Oulton Bridge to Great Yarmouth, and distant only one mile from Lowestoft.Ipswich Journal, February 1840**
From the description, this may be an older name for the Blue Boar, the first reference to which found is from 1841 - perhaps whoever bought the pub renamed it?
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)