pulling together logo

In the light of the government announcement of March 20th, all pubs are now closed until further notice.

However, a number of pubs are providing takeaway food and/or drinks during the lockdown. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.

If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support of possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.

Halesworth Nagg's Head

Halesworth Nagg's Head

Closed pre-1840.

To be sold, the Nagg's Head, Halesworth, with a Brick Front, and handsomely sashed, with three Rooms on a Floor, together with two very fit and convenient Stables thereto belonging. Also a Blacksmith's Shop, well accustom'd and a large Yard or Garden, well planted with choice Fruit-Trees...Enquire of James Woolnough, the present Owner and Occupier thereof.Ipswich Journal, August 2nd 1755***
To be lett, the Nagg's Head, with good Stables and a pleasant Garden, in Halesworth. Enquire of Mr Thomas Noriss.Ipswich Journal, May 22nd 1756***
To be lett, the Nagg's Head, a well accustom'd Inn, with good Stables and a beautiful Garden. Enquire of Mr T…

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)