Closed: about 1975
28 St Helen's St
grid reference TM 167 445
The pub is shown on this OS town plan from about 1880 (larger map).
Demolished soon after closure for road widening and commercial redevelopment.
The building in our picture is a modern replacement of the pub, constructed about 1929, which appears very different to earlier pictures seen, dating from 1910. The pub was rebuilt about the same time that the Regent theatre was constructed nearby.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.