The address of this page (and the entire website) has changed and the old address will soon cease to exist. Please adjust your bookmarks accordingly.
grid reference TL 937 632
opened before 1844
owner Old Cannon breweryemail us
- Mon-Wed: 1200-2100
- Thu-Sat: 1200-2300
- Sun: 1200-1800
- Mon: 1200-1800
- Tue-Sat: 1200-2100
- Sun: 1200-1800
regular real ales
GreeneKing IPA, Cox & Holbrook + Earl Soham + Woodfordes Wherry [H]
Local licensing authority for Beyton is Mid Suffolk
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 07/01/2019
Real Ale is available here
Tostock Rd, IP30 9AG
The Bear was run by the same family between 1922 and 2016, when it was acquired by Old Cannon brewery.
It has been updated without spoiling a very traditional building with two bars and separate dining room (for residential use only at present). There is easy access from the A14 as the pub was originally on the main Ipswich to Cambridge road.
Where possible they use locally sourced ingredients, and all meals are cooked in house. Takeaway Fish & Chips are available on Friday evenings 6-7pm.
Beer served through handpulls
Separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Railway station about 1.7 mile away (see public transport tab for details)
Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(census information from Dudley Diaper)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)