Real Ale is sold here.
38 High St, IP31 2HH
grid reference TL 932 704
owner/operator: Greene King
Two separate bars and an enclosed courtyard to rear. Popular with diners and offering fish specialties.
The stable block behind the pub is a Grade II* listed late-16th century building.
- Accessible to disabled customers
- Accommodation available
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area
- Beer served through handpumps
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- Dogs welcome
- Evening meals
- Family friendly
- Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
- Real fire
- Restaurant or separate dining area
- Separate bar
Railway station about 3.7 miles away (see transport links for details)
Nearest railway station
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)