Real Ale is sold here.
38 High St, IP31 2HH
grid reference TL 932 704
Two separate bars and an enclosed courtyard to rear. Popular with diners and offering fish specialties.
The stable block behind the pub is a Grade II* listed late-16th century building.
- Accessible to disabled customers
- Accommodation available
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area
- Beer served through handpumps
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- Dogs welcome
- Evening meals
- Family friendly
- Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
- Real fire
- Restaurant or separate dining area
- Separate bar
Railway station about 3.7 miles away (see transport links for details)
Nearest railway station
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)