app

Leiston Black Horse

Leiston Black Horse

also traded as Kingfisher, Venue

52.206206,1.577396

Closed after 2000

opened pre-1874

High St, IP16 4EW

grid reference TM 445 624

It's shown (as an un-named hotel) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

This pub traded for most of its existence as the Black Horse (until sometime soon after 2005). After a few years as "The Venue", this was again renamed the Kingfisher and traded for some time as a "restaurant, takeaway and freehouse". When seen in June 2013, all signage for the pub area had been removed and the building was re-signed as the Leiston Tandoori, so we take it there's no pub here any more.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X