The address of this page (and the entire website) has changed and the old address will soon cease to exist. Please adjust your bookmarks accordingly.
grid reference TM 453 753
opened 1520 or earlier
owner Adnamsemail us
- Mon-Fri: 1100-1500, 1800-2300
- Sat: 1100-2300
- Sun: 1200-2230
- (the pub is normally open all day in summer months)
- Mon-Thu: 1200-1400, 1800-2100
- Fri: 1200-1400, 1800-2130
- Sat-Sun: 1200-1500, 1700-2100
regular real ales
Adnams Southwold Bitter, Broadside
listed building grade II*
Local licensing authority for Blythburgh is East Suffolk
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 06/01/2019
Blythburgh White Hart
previously known as: Inn of the Hart
Real Ale is available here
A12, IP19 9LQ
An imposing roadside inn with a good reputation for food. It was once used as the local courthouse and gaol. Good views of the Blyth estuary are to be had from the garden.
The village shop is in the grounds of the pub (and owned by Adnams) but is run independently.
Built early in the 16th century; according to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History it was listed in 1520 as "Inn of the Hart".
Beer served through handpulls
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Restaurant or separate dining area
Separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Pub is accessible to disabled customers
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Railway station about 4.8 miles away (see public transport tab for details)
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)