grid reference TL 645 635Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 21/01/2020
Newmarket Crownhistorical closure era: 21st century
closed October 20th, 2010
28 High St, CB8 8LB
Closure and earliest known date from the Newmarket Shops website.
Annie Bloss was summond for allowing pigs on her premises to be a nuisance. Her yard was described as being in a filthy state with four pigs kept on manure. Bloss was fined 1s and a further 1s for every day the nuisance continued.Bury & Norwich Post, October 7th 1884** (when Annie Bloss was the landlady)
It's shown as an un-named hotel on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(1830 Pigots Directory & 1869 Kelly's Directory supplied by Sandra Easom)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.