formerly Horseshoe, Horse Shoe, Horseshoes
Real Ale is understood not to be sold here.
Moulton Rd, CB8 8DG
grid reference TL 646 635
owner/operator: Punch Taverns
Large friendly pub close to town centre. Real ale only occasionally available.
Nearest railway station
The pub is shown on this OS town plan from 1894 (larger map).
Also listed in Albert Street (1855 & 1869) and in Old Station Road (1922-37).
Died on the 10th March 1805, Mr Charles Palmer, of the Horse-shoe public house, Newmarket.Ipswich Journal, Mar 1805**
The pub was renamed from the Horseshoes to the Shoes approximately 2015 (maybe a little earlier).
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(1830 Pigots Directory supplied by Sandra Easom)