grid reference TM 122 466Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 31/03/2019
Bramford Angelhistorical era: 21st century
closed September 2011
79 The Street, IP8 4DX
This was a large comfortable locals' pub. It dated back to at least 1782, when an inquest at the inn was reported in the Ipswich Journal.
Closed at end of September 2011 and sold to developers. As of late 2016, a number of houses have been built on the land behind the building; by early 2018 the pub itself had been renovated and turned into two homes.
The pub is shown on this old OS map from about 1903 (larger map)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.