In the light of the government announcement of March 20th, all pubs are now closed until further notice.
A number of pubs are providing takeaway food and/or drinks during the Covid-19 lockdown. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.
If you can give any of our pubs some support through these terrible times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support of possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.
Real Ale is sold here.
Front St, CB8 8TR
grid reference TL 748 592
opened 17th century
Traditional 17th cent. local with steps between two bars. Under new management from September 2016.
- Accessible to disabled customers
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area
- Beer served through handpumps
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- Dogs welcome
- Evening meals: Thurs to Sat
- Family friendly
- Lunchtime meals (not just snacks): Fri to Sun
- Newspapers available
- Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
- Restaurant or separate dining area
- Separate bar
- Traditional pub games available
- WiFi available
Nearest railway station
Members of the "Western Shepherds" Lodge, W.U.A.O.S. Had their annual dinner in a marque adjoining the Reading Room. The members "partook of the good things provided by the Host and Hostess Wallace, of the Fox, who catered in their usual good style".Bury & Norwich Post, July 24th 1894** (when Mr & Mrs Wallace were the landlord & landlady)
Sold by GK in 2009.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)