grid reference TM 206 460Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 08/02/2020
Rushmere St Andrew Falconhistorical closure era: late 20th century
opened before 1838
closed approx. Jan 2011
165 Playford Rd, IP5 1DD
An early 19th century pub located just outside the village, on the outskirts of Ipswich.
It is now closed and has been converted to residential use.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Falcon's license was issued in 1853, though it's shown on the 1838 OS map, so this was probably just a conversion from a beerhouse license to full one.
One source shows the Falcon at 165 Humber Doucy Lane. This seems to be an error.
The pub is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.