grid reference TM 508 761Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 09/09/2017
also traded as as: Nag's Head, Star, BlueLighthouse, East Street Café Bar, Pilot Boathistorical closure era: 21st century
8 East St, IP18 6EH
The Victoria was a long-established pub on a site where a pub has stood since at least 1820, when it was known as the Pilot Boat. The current building has stood since 1855 and in more recent years traded as the Blue Lighthouse, a café bar.
it's now closed and has been converted into a clothes shop.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic book information from Bob Mitchell)
(**** Reference to pub seen in Southwold Diary of James Maggs (1818-1876) published by Suffolk Records Society in 2007)