Fisher, Charles James.
Castle St, Eye
Registered as Charles James Fisher & Co and listed in the 1874 edition of White's Directory and the 1892 Kelly's directory.
In 1881 census the brewer is listed as Charles James Fisher/Head/23y/Malster & Brewer Employing 10 Men/Eye, Suffolk together with his family:
Theodore Fisher/Daughter/5/Eye, Suffolk
Margaret Fisher/Daughter/3/Eye, Suffolk
Frances Fisher/Daughter/Eye, Suffolk
Emma Short/Mother in Law/Window/64/Laxfield, Suffolk.
In 1900 Charles J Fisher & Co is listed as a family brewer, maltster, wholesale & retail wine & spirit merchants (William Hunt is manager & brewer) (Church st)
Acquired by Adnams & Co Ltd on 7 May 1904 then used as a depot until it was sold to S&P (Norwich) in 1914 together with 20 public houses.
In 1912 former C J Fisher & Co are listed as being owned by Adnams & Co Ltd (family brewers, maltsters, wholesale & retail wine & spirit merchants) with offices in Wellington Rd.