Gosbeck is a dispersed parish, lying just 7 miles north of the centre of Ipswich. It's shown on John Speed's 1610 map as "Easton Goſbek". The landscape is more or less flat and given over to arable cultivation. The parish is crossed by two streams that converge in the south and eventually run into the river Gipping near Ipswich. The church is of knapped flint and about half a mile outside the main settlement.
A post mill built about 1865 was demolished about 1923.
Steve Podd tells us about a Galloping Dickey beerhouse in Gosbeck. However his description of its location suggests it was actually another name for the Ashbocking Crown.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.