A tiny village set close to Suffolk's most southerly coastal Broad - Covehithe and Easton. Rich in wildlife, both are threatened with salt water incursion. Although today most of the adjacent parish of Covehithe has disappeared over the coastal cliffs, the magnificent, if partly ruined remains of St Andrews can still be seen. A post mill which stood roughly behind the pub was demolished in 1955.
The Five Bells is technically just inside South Cove, but is generally described as being in Wrentham.
South Cove was recorded in Domesday as "Coua". John Speed's 1610 map shows it as "S Coue".
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.