Stuston

app

Introduction

A small village north of Eye that includes a large area of common land in the Waveney valley, recorded in Domesday as "Stutestuna" or "Estutestuna". John Speed's 1610 map shows the village as "Sturſton".

Confusingly, Diss Golf Club is actually in Stuston; it's on the site where foundations of a Roman hut and other artefacts have been found, along with a Roman road running north-south.

Gallery

thumbnailthumbnail

Acknowledgements

Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.

X