A dry parish. Shipmeadow was recorded in Domesday as "Scipmetdua" or "Scipmedu" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Shepemeadow, showing that the name means "sheep meadow" rather than having anything to do with ships. This is also confirmed by the village sign. Ship, of course, reflects the Suffolk pronunciation of sheep.
A Pest House was built in Shipmeadow in 1767 by the Guardians of the Poor within the Hundred of Wangford. It no longer stands.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.