Wixoe was recorded in Domesday as "Witeskeou" and appearing on John Speed's 1610 map as "Wickſoo".
A large Roman building, possibly a villa, has been found in the west of the parish. A lot of other Roman artefacts have been found around the village, as have pieces from other eras. A Roman road is believed to have run between Wixoe and Baylham.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.