Chevington

app

Introduction

Scattered over three greens, this village is sited on edge of Great Ickworth park and contains several 17th century cottages. It was recorded in Domesday as "Ceuentuna". Abbots of Bury had a residence here on a ramped site where a 17th century hall and deer-park now stand. An ancient greenway still runs to Bury St Edmunds.

Gallery

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

History

The 1844 White's Directory lists James Simkin as a beer house keeper.

The 1865 Kelly's Directory lists Andrew Wade as a beer retailer (also listed as a shopkeeper).

The 1869 Kelly's Directory also Andrew Wade as a beer retailer.

X