Closed between 1840 and 1920
grid reference TL 725 780
No entries for this pub have been found in the 1874 White's or 1879 Kelly's directories.
(The 1861 census describes location as Bell Inn, The ?Church?, which is next to the blacksmiths shop.)
This old OS map from about the end of the 19th century (interactive map) shows "Old Bell Farm" between the smithy and the church. This seems a likely location and suggests that the pub had closed by then. Our map location and photograph show what seems the most likely candidate for the correct building. It's called Bell House, which also fits in.