Closed between 1920 and 1970
grid reference TM 162 444 (approximate location)
It was located about 50 yards down Market Lane from the Butter Market end on the left (at the back of the former Cowells Store). From Ian Johnson
Market Lane ran between Buttermarket and Falcon Street. It joined the Buttermarket roughly where the entrance to the Buttermarket Centre opposite Thoroughfare now is.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)