CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 29/06/2017
Ipswich Lord Chancellor Innhistorical era: Victorian / Edwardian
closed December 31st, 1914
10-12 Greyfriars Rd
The closure date is recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923. It seems likely the pub has been demolished, though we have yet to identify its precise location.
The pub has also been listed variously at Crown Lane (1844), at Friar's Street (1855) at Friar's Road (1871) and at Grey Friars Road in 1888.
A pub is shown on the 1892-1905 OS map in roughly the right place, though it isn't clear if this is the Bath Tavern or the Lord Chancellor:
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com )
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)