app

Lowestoft Royal Hotel

Lowestoft Royal Hotel

also traded as Royal Hotel & Harbour Inn, Royal Family hotel

Closed about 1972

opened 1850

Esplanade

grid reference TM 547 925

The Royal Hotel was demolished 1973; the site is now occupied by the East Point Pavilion.

In 1865 it's listed as the Royal Hotel & Harbour inn, although this could mean the same proprietor was also running the Harbour Inn.

In 1912 it's listed at Royal plain (facing Esplanade) and described as a family hotel.

In 1916 this hotel was the home of the Royal Arch Chapter of Freemasons and the Unity Lodge of Freemasons.

It can be seen here on the 1890 OS map.

on old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

X