app

East Bergholt White Horse

East Bergholt White Horse

Closed about 1981?

White Horse Rd

grid reference TM 082 343

The original White Horse was a short way to the east of the more recent pub building.

We don't know when the license was transferred, but part of the (now subdivided) older building has the date 1904 over the door, so this may be a clue. The 1909 Rates book names the new building as the "new" White Horse, suggesting a similar time.

The pub appears on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X