app

Ilketshall St Andrew Butchers' Arms

Ilketshall St Andrew Butchers' Arms

Closed post-1933

Chapel Rd

grid reference TM 382 875

The building has a plaque on the wall saying "the Butchers Arms". It's not shown as a pub on any available OS map (as early as 1884). The first reference on maps is on the 1970 sheet, where it's shown as "The Old Butchers Arms".

The 1910 Ilketshall Rate Book lists an un-named pub at Blacksmith's Common, almost certainly this was it.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X