pulling together logo

In the light of the government announcement of March 20th, all pubs are now closed until further notice.

However, a number of pubs are providing takeaway food and/or drinks during the lockdown. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.

If you can give any of our pubs some support through these terrible times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support of possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.

Ipswich George III

Ipswich George III

Closed pre-1840.

St Helens

Thomas Read is removed from the Sign of the George the Third in Silent Street, Ipswich to the Half Moon in St Mary Key.Ipswich Journal, 29 Oct 1774***
Reported in the Ipswich Journal in March 1825…

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)