app

Lowestoft Anchor Coffee Tavern

Lowestoft Anchor Coffee Tavern

Closed 1840-1920

All we know about these premises is a single newspaper report:

The Anchor Coffee Tavern: The capacious bowling green in connection with this tavern was opened on Saturday 2nd May 1885, and the weather being beautifully fine, there was a considerable attendance. The tavern is under the patronage of Mr and Mrs J J Coleman, of Clyffe House, who takes a great interest in its success.Ipswich Journal, May 1885**

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X