also traded as Anchor Stores
Closed: about 2012
5 Commercial Rd, NR32 2TD
grid reference TM 547 928
Previously called the Anchor Stores.
Found closed, with signage removed when visited in August 2012.
Listed in 1888 at 6 Commercial Rd.
The 1891 census lists licensed victuallers at both 5 and 6 Commercial Rd. It's not clear if these were two separate pubs, both have been included here.
In 1937 the pub is listed in Kelly's Directory as one of 220 Suffolk pubs that were retailing beer that they were brewing.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)