app

Lowestoft Clapham Arms

Lowestoft Clapham Arms

also traded as Clapham Hotel

closed 2001

119 Bevan St

grid reference TM 547 930

In the 1874 White's Directory, omnibuses were listed as operating from the Clapham hotel to Southwold daily (but the pub is not named separately in the directory).

For many years it was occupied by Coes menswear, but that closed in 2019. Plans have since been approved to convert the building into a mix of retail and residential units.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

X