Closed about 1990
opened 17th century
grid reference TM 193 688
In the September/October 1982 edition of Last Orders*** it was reported that Brian Lamb had been at the Plough (Free house) since April and it remained unchanged with Adnams on handpump.
The pub is shown here on an old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Many thanks to Philip Mutton for identifying the correct building for us.
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA members since 1978)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.