Framsden

app
close

Important Covid information

If all goes according to plan, the first tranche of pubs (those that are able to serve drinkers outdoors) may be able to reopen on April 12th. Though of course, in a situation like this, nothing is guaranteed. The rest of our pubs may be permitted to reopen from May 17th.

Pubs providing takeaways continue to be listed on this page.

Those known to be planning to reopen as soon as permitted are listed on this page.

Introduction

Please tell us if you know of any pubs here ready to reopen when outdoors service is permitted.

Framsden's skyline is dominated by Webster's Mill, a post mill built in 1760 which stands at the top of the hill. It was operational until 1934.

The village also features several estate cottages (from the Helmingham Estate) and an old communal water pump. Framsden Hall dates from early 16th century and has been described as "the richest of Suffolk timbered houses". Nearby Helmingham Hall (and its deer park) is the home of the Tollemache family. The village was recorded in Domesday as "Framesdena" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Framiſden".

Gallery

thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail

Acknowledgements

Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.

X