Hasketon is an out-of-the-way village just to the west of the A12 and close to Woodbridge, recorded in Domesday as "Haschetuna". Much of the habitation is clustered around a centrally situated church which has a round tower. The Old Rectory retains a moat around the building.
There is a Shoulder (of) Mutton cottage recorded in the 1909 Rates book (listed as the address of William George Adams on the war memorial). Could this mark the location of an old pub of this name?