Although the government has now allowed pubs to reopen, many are still unable to do so safely, while most if not all are only able to accommodate limited numbers of customers. Many of them are still reliant on providing takeaway food and/or drinks. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.
If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.
A village just west of the river Brett, recorded in Domesday as "Prestetune". It appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Preſton".
The village hall is housed in the old village school.
Priory farm was formerly owned by Trinity Priory in Ipswich and Preston Hall was owned by the Earls of Oxford for a long while. In the early 17th century it was the seat of Robert Ryce Esq, a great preserver of local antiquities. The hall dates from the 16th century, but is on the site of an earlier hall, of which no evidence or information remains.
The parish includes the hamlets of Rooksey Green and Whelp Street.
In 1865 Henry Alderton is listed as a beer retailer. (Listed as a Milliner, Mill Rd., in 1861 census, and as a Beerhouse Keeper & Carter, Preston St. [assumed to be the Six Bells], in the 1871 census.)