Now a dry parish. Small settlement recorded in Domesday as "Ialdham" or "Adaldeham", with a the population of just 16. The church of Aldham St Mary is one of just 38 round-tower churches in Suffolk.
A Deserted Medieval village has been found to the south of the current settlement (at TM 04 44), estimated to contain 23 residents in 1387.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.