Now a dry parish. Also known as Brockley Green. Small hamlet, recorded in Domesday as "Brochola" or "Broclega". It appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Brokley".
Mill Road marks the location of a former post mill which was demolished in 1930.
The 1844 White's Directory lists a beer house run by William Pawsey.
The 1855 White's Directory lists a beer house run by William Pawsey (shopkeeper).
In 1861 an Innkeeper is listed as Joseph Griggs/35y/Hartest with wife Elizabeth Griggs/34y/Melford
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)