Population (2011) of Baylham: 266.
Local licensing authority for Baylham is Mid Suffolk.
Historically known as Bay Lram, shown on John Speed's 1610 map as "Baleham" and recorded in Domesday as "Belham", the village is home to Baylham House Rare Breeds Farm, which had the mis-fortune to be where Britain's first case of Bluetongue was diagnosed in Sep 2007. (Technically, the farm is in Coddenham, but is completely isolated from that parish by the A14, so more practically it's considered to be part of Baylham).
Baylham watermill dates from early or mid 19th century; the millhouse goes back to the early 16th century, possibly earlier. Alongside is Baylham Bridge, dating from the late 18th century and a lock that was part of the Ipswich & Stowmarket Navigation.
A Roman road is believed to have run from Baylham to Wixoe.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.