Burstall is a small village and parish, recorded in Domesday as "Burghestala". The Mock Tudor village hall was built in 1910 in memory of John Cranfield. No alcohol is sold in the hall, so it provides no relief for thirsty villagers, whose only pub closed in October 1971.
The village itself sits mainly on a quiet street a short distance off the main Ipswich to Sudbury A1071. Just to cause confusion, Hintlesham Fisheries is actually in Burstall, at Fenn Farm.