app

Woodbridge Waggon & Horses

Woodbridge Waggon & Horses

also traded as Rose & Crown, Carpenter's Arms, Joiner's Arms

East, 52.09531,1.31155

closed 1996

1 Bredfield St

grid reference TM 269 492

It's shown on this OS town plan from 1881 (larger map).

old OS map

Now a private residence, the building is thought to date from the early 19th century.

The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Waggon & Horses' license was issued in 1953. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.


© 2007-2022, the Campaign for Real Ale in Suffolk. Developed by Tony Green.


This site uses cookies to a very limited extent. For details of why, and to see our privacy policy, please visit this page.