also traded as Grapevine
closed 26th July 1928
last owner/operator: Tollemache
3 North Hill
grid reference TM 269 496
Now a private residence, the building dates from the early 18th century.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Grapes' beerhouse license was issued in 1853. The license was surrendered in 1928. It's only listed in the 1910 Rates book as a "beer shop", so may have only been selling off towards the end.
North Hill was previously called Sandy Hill and landlord entries before 1871 are based on this address.
It's shown on this OS town plan of 1881.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Licensing information from Woodbridge licensing records.