app

Linstead Parva Greyhound

Linstead Parva Greyhound

closed 4th March 1955

opened pre-1874

Halesworth Rd

grid reference TM 329 781

The Greyhound closed in 1955 when the last tenant left; Lacon's decided that the isolated location and lack of people living nearby didn't make the pub worth continuing with.

The building was extensively renovated and somewhat remodelled between 2012 and 2016, though it's just about recognisable.

The pub is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X