also traded as Red Lion
London Rd South
grid reference TM 544 920
The Lion was at the corner of the London Road and Colville Road (in Kirkley). Colville Road is now known as Clifton Road. In census returns the street address is shown first as 84 London Road and then 201 London Road. (Details from Jason Austin).
It's listed in the 1910 Lowestoft rate book as the Red Lion.
The site is now occupied by a fairly modern building, so the pub must have been demolished.
it was previously listed at 84 or 85 London Road, Kirkley.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1891 & 1901 census from Jason Austin)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)