also traded as George
Closed between 1890 and 1903?
14 High St
grid reference TL 710 746
The building dates from the late 17th or early 18th century. According to the Listed Buildings Register, it used to be called the George. It's reportedly also the building which used to be the Crown.
The pub is shown on OS maps at least as late as 1890, but seems to be gone by the 1903 sheet, so presumably closed between those dates.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)