grid reference TM 189 712
The Eye licensing record seems to indicate that the pub closed in 1967, though the handwriting is so bad this was not 100% certain. However, a caller to BBC Radio Suffolk's Lesley Dolphin programme confirmed that it actually shut in 1966.
The Crown has been variously reported at Crown Street (in the 1861 census) and Horham Road (in the 1881 census).
It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
Frederick Rose, labourer, of Redlingfield, was found guilty of being drunk and disorderly on licensed premises and refusing to quit when requested by the landlord Walter Dearing.Ipswich Journal, October 20th 1883** (when Walter Dearing was the landlord)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.