app

Capel St Mary Plough

Capel St Mary Plough

closed 1996

The Street, IP9 2EH

grid reference TM 086 381

Although the pub building in recent times was modern, it clearly replaced a much earlier one, as a beerhouse is shown at this location as far back as the 1882 OS map.

The building is now used as offices.

It's shown here (though not named) on an old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X