app

In the light of the government announcement of March 20th, all pubs are now closed until further notice.

Some of them may well still be offering a takeaway beer service and some others will also be selling food takeaways, perhaps even with delivery. If you can give any of our pubs some support through these terrible times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support of possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.

Thrandeston Queen's Head

Thrandeston Queen's Head

Closed approx. 1959.

last owner/operator: Bullard's

Mellis Rd, IP21 4BU

grid reference TM 113 764

The Queen's Head sat in an idyllic location overlooking the large village green.

The building dates from the mid 17th century, with 18th and 19th century extensions. It's now used as a holiday cottage.

The license was not renewed in February 1960, so presumably the pub closed in the 12 months up to that date.

It's also listed at Little Green in 1861 and 1881.

The pub is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

Closure date from Hartismere licensing records.

X