grid reference TM 270 491Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 08/02/2020
Woodbridge White Horse
also traded as as: George, White Harthistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
closed October 10th, 1907
11 Market Hill
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the White Horse's license was issued in 1853. This is not the first time a licence was issued for this pub which dates back to at least the 1730s but Whether this was when it was first full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear.
The pub is shown as the White Hart on the 1881 OS Town Plan.
The license was expired in 1907 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of alcohol licenses.
The pub is now St Mary's House. It's shown on this OS town plan of 1881.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Closure date from the Woodbridge licensing records.