closed 24th June 1954
last owner/operator: Lacon's
grid reference TM 073 785
It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
The Magpie closed in 1954 due to "lack of trade". Unsurprising, given the pub's remote location. Though historically, before the mass-migration from the land in the mid-20th century, there were probably a lot of people hereabouts.
The name may refer to an ancient meaning for the word magpie, "a half pint".