app

Wortham Queen's Head

Wortham Queen's Head

closed 26th April 1930

Bury Rd

grid reference TM 086 772

The Queen's Head was built about 1600 and partly rebuilt in the 17th century. It was closed in 1930 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of alcohol licenses.

It's also listed in Long Green.

The pub is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

Closure date from Hartismere licensing records.

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X